We are excited to announce that we are looking for some interns to help us this summer!
Do you have a passion for nonprofit and social impact work, along with a love for travel? Then this is the internship for you. We are looking for someone excited about working with a social impact organization that promotes travel and education! We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual based in NYC, and able to work out of our offices located in Lower Manhattan at least 2 days a week, from late-May through the end of August.
Manage Social Media
- Assist in the development and increasing the growth of of FLYTE’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Write compelling, creative content and devise a monthly calendar for social media postings
- Help grow FLYTE’s social media following, encourage engagement, and execute social media campaigns
- Help us craft our messages for fundraising and outreach campaigns
Fundraising and Donor Communications
- Maintain donor email lists and correspondences for our amazing supporters
- Answer donor questions
- Assist in managing reporting processes for fundraising campaigns
- Maintain organization of files, photos, and documents related to programs and trips
- Assist in any fun trip planning logistics and research as needed
- Accompany FLYTE staff to visit current partner school in Newburgh, NY to assist with taking photos and conducting student interviews
Additional Projects (as needed)
- Help to create content or marketing materials and donor outreach
- Assist in the design and formatting of various reports and presentations for FLYTE as needed
- Update the FLYTE volunteer and Advisory Board database
- Self-motivated, with a passion for education and travel
- Ability to communicate effectively, with a high level of professionalism
- Close attention to detail
- Social media savviness is a must
- Ability to design marketing materials in both print and digital media
- Some knowledge of database management
- Film & photo editing skills a plus
- Sense of humor and adventure, willingness to work and learn about nonprofit work in a startup atmosphere
This position is for YOU if:
- You are a go-getter, and initiative-taker
- You are looking to be part of a growing organization
- You want the chance to grow and shape a young nonprofit
- You love to travel, and want to help youth see the world!
- Internship begins in May and runs through the end of August
- 10-15 hours a week, 1-2 days a week in our office near Wall Street in lower Manhattan
- This is an unpaid internship that can be eligible for college credits based on your school’s independent study policy- we are happy to work with you to fill out any paperwork to get you credit for your awesome work!
- We would love for this to be a fun learning experience for you! Since we are small, you will get a lot of hands on work in various projects and initiatives we are working on.
How To Apply:
You can find the internship application here. Please make sure to reference in your application why you love traveling or working within the education sector, and how it would be beneficial for you as an intern be involved with a start-up, social impact organization. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted, so please take this extra step.
Applications must be received by May 5th, 2017 to be considered.